Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Jig Is Up

Chase isn't falling for it. He says his classes are getting too hard. He's not 100% sure that he can beat me.

Last semester one of my biggest motivations, other than really wanting to get into a competitive program, was the thought that my 8th grade boy might beat me and boast that he got better grades than his mom. Couldn't have that. So, I gloated a bit when I got a straight 4.0 from my 18 credits. hee hee hee.

Then I watched as my diligent son, who used to check his grades online every week, became a fanatic, checking daily - even sometimes twice in the same night - to make sure that his grades were toeing the line. Most of the time, his grades' toes had no need to worry; his percentages were over 100% a lot of times because of extra credit.

In the end, his 4.0 was a perfect match for mine. So maybe, for a minute, this might give him the impression that I do know something. ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment